At Funerals @ Hubbard Chapel we go the extra effort of providing our own 100% in-house obituary service, (not like most funeral services where the content is owned and operated by a third party without your permission on knowledge). Even though we use many third parties like local newspapers on occasions we do so with your approval. We have taken the time honored approach of providing our own 100% in-house obituaries as a free in-house services, plus we will gladly correct if error if it’s on one of our sites, even after the obituary has been published.
What is a Obituary ?
An obituary is many things in one: a notice of a death, a story of a ones life, a record of the extended family, information about a funeral service, a thank you to those who helped out, a request for memorial donations. The basic information must be covered, accurately and completely. As well, an obituary can be a compelling story of a life.
8 Steps for a writing a Inspiring Obituary
- Find Inspiration in other Obituaries.
- Make Notes on the content that you liked about them.
- Build a simple outline, possibly chronologically.
- Write the Obituary.
- Proofread it.
- Have someone else Proofread it.
- Submit it to Funerals @ Hubbard Chapel, and we will work with you.
- If you spot and error on our websites, it’s no problem, just contact us and we will correct it.
Just contact us below.
For a Free tour or appointment
call Terrie (503) 767-7700 or
Or leave a message below